Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The love of another even if that love is from a stranger -unit 6

I am only 21 years old. I have seen a lot and been through a whole lot more.
I still always would rather be helping others then myself. Even when i was younger, I would help my grandma with her little projects for the blind, or help her make some knitting blanket or outfit for someone who is less fortunate.

She really showed me that even though you may not know them, someone will appreciate you and knowing you did a tiny thing to help someone out you are appreciated.

I really enjoy knowing that I can make a difference in the simplest way. Creating a brail book for the blind. I did not know who anyone of these people were, never met them, don't know any of their names. But, I can picture that smile on their face when they received a book that was hand made by a group of people that really took the time to understand them.

I think helping other people is a different form of stress reliever. If you help your neighbor who may be 80 years old even take out their trash or pick up their mail one day. You could have done so much for them. even just sitting and takling with them. I know my grandma's love that. just sitting down and taling to them. you dont have to take them to a fancy restaurant or some nice place wahatever. as long as you are in their company it means all the world.

2 comments:

  1. Danielle,
    Wow, that is amazing. I have to agree with you that giving and pouring out yourself is such a reward in and of itself. I am impressed with your sense of giving to others. Not only that, but you don't hear everyday that someone made a book for the blind. How awesome is that! Great job! I hope that your life will continue to bring you joy within your gifts. Thank you for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Danielle,
    It is not age but experience that makes us grow and develop. Having your grandmother teach you those things so early in life is priceless! Hold those ideals close to you and when you have your own kids teach them too! They are great ideals that have been lost in the sea of such a selfish world! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete